To enable us to deliver services to you, we may collect and process the following types of information provided by you:
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
- Bank account and payment card details
- Computer IP addresses
- Website usage statistics
Additionally, depending on the services you receive from the Council, we may collect and process information including:
- Physical or medical information
- Religious beliefs or similar beliefs
- Racial or ethnic origin information
- Your sexual orientation
- Trade union membership
- Political opinions and political affiliations
- The commission or alleged commission of an offence by you
Your data and privacy rights are protected by law
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you control over your data and you are able to control the personal data we, or our partners, collect about you.
How we handle your information will vary depending on how you interact with us. Privacy notices will set out details of how we process your information, how long we'll keep it for and who we'll share it with for each service and process.
Further information can be found in our Record of Processing Activity (RoPA).
Your privacy rights include the right to make a request to:
- access your personal data we hold;
- correct your personal data;
- erase your personal data;
- restrict our use of your personal data;
- export your data to another data controller.
To register a request under GDPR, please email the data protection officer.