Felling Licences for a tree or trees more than five cubic metres

A single large tree could be in excess of five cubic metres. 

Anyone planning to fell or remove more than five cubic metres of timber within hedges, woods or copses will need to seek guidance from The Forestry Commission to check if they need to apply for a Felling Licence. 

Further information on felling licences is available here.