Help with Rental Costs

Housing Associations

Many housing associations have schemes available to help their tenants during the Cost of Living Crisis. We have collected links to the schemes for the largest providers in our area.

If your provider is not listed, please contact them directly to see what help is available.

  • LiveWest - a tenant support fund is available to help those whose rent is not covered in full by housing benefit or universal credit. They also offer energy advice and have a tenancy sustainment team who can help you stay in your home.
  • Hastoe - a benefit and welfare advice service is available to all tenants and residents, and can help with a huge range of queries.
  • Westward - offer a range of money-saving tips, as well as financial assistance. They can help to set up an affordable payment plan for residents struggling with their rent, and also provide signposting to other services.
  • Plymouth Community Homes - a team at PCH can help with providing support on claiming benefits, or getting help from local charities. They also offer help with damp, mould and condensation problems.
  • Clarion - the money guidance section of the Clarion website can help with money worries, household bills, benefits and much more. they also offer a referral service to help residents access advice from other agencies.
  • Stonewater - an Income Team can offer free, impartial and one-to-one sessions to look at ways they can help if you're struggling. They provide grants, discounts, training and support for emotional, physical and financial help.
  • Teign Housing - offer assistance with budgeting, benefits claims and grant signposting
  • Aster Housing - tenants can access the free to use Money Advice Tool, as well as signposting to community help in your area. Aster also offer services like benefits checks, help with appeals, financial assistance with bank accounts, budgeting and much more.

Help for Private Tenants

If you are renting your home privately, and struggling with the rental payments, our Housing Advice team are here to help. Contact them on 01822 813600.

You can also email

Organisations that provide information and support include: