- Park Home means a mobile home stationed on a pitch and occupied by the Occupier(s) as their only or main residence under the provision of the Mobile Homes Act 1983 and subsequent amendments.
- Park Owner means J B and J Small Park Homes, Victoria House, Victoria Street, Taunton, TA1 3FA
- Park means Battisford Farm Park, Plympton, Plymouth PL7 5AT.
- Pitch means the land, including any garden area, on which an occupier is entitled to station their Park Home under the terms of their Agreement.
- Occupier means the person or persons occupying a Park Home.
Installation, alteration and maintenance of Park Homes and Pitches
- Only Park Homes of proprietary manufacture which comply with the definitions contained in the Caravan Site and Control Development Act 1960 are permitted on the park
- The Supply, delivery, movement and siting of any Park Home must be carried out by a professional contractor with appropriate public liability insurance.
- Wheels must not be removed from the Park Home, nor can the Park Home be repositioned by the Occupier. No external structural alteration or addition to the Park Home or replacement of the Park Home is permitted without the prior written permission of the Park Owner.
- The underneath of each Park Home is to be kept absolutely clear and not used as storage space.
- Trees and plants on a Pitch must not be permitted to grow to a size or shape as to interfere in any way with neighbouring properties. Trees and shrubs must not be removed when a Pitch is vacated.
- Fences are not to be erected without the prior written permission of the Park Owner. Existing fences must be kept in good repair.
- Only one storage shed is permitted on each Pitch. It must be constructed of a non-combustible material and of a size and design approved by the Park owner, with a maximum size of 10 feet by 6 feet, prior to installation and positioned to comply with the relevant conditions of the site licence in force at the relevant time and any requirements of the Local Authority. Any form of fuel storage (being of proprietary type concrete or metal fuel bunker specification) or other structure must be in compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Chimney flues and cowls must be kept in good repair. Care must be taken by Occupiers to prevent the discharge or sparks or excessive smoke.
- Occupiers and their guests must not use or interfere with the fire points provided, for other than the emergency use intended.
- Occupiers are responsible for ensuring that all electrical, solid fuel, oil and gas installations within their Park Home and on their Pitch for which they are responsible comply at all times with the regulatory requirements
- Where water is not separately metered or rated, the use of hosepipes is strictly prohibited, except in the case of fire. Sprinklers are not allowed. The Occupier must not permit mains or waste water to discharge onto the ground nor permit to pass into water closets, gullies or drains any matter that is likely to cause blockage or damage. Occupiers must keep in good repair all pipes and cables for which they are responsible.
- All external water pipes for which the Occupier is responsible shall be lagged against frost by the Occupier who will be responsible for any wastage of water due to the Occupier's failure to do so.
- In order to avoid the risk of damaging or interfering with underground services, no holes or ponds many be dug in the ground.
- Access is forbidden to vacant pitches.
Use of the Park Home and Guests
- The Park Home may only be used by the Occupier and members of their permanent household and invited guests. Occupiers will be held responsible at all times for the behaviour and actions of their guests. The number of persons occupying the Park Home shall not exceed the number of which the Park Home was designed as details in Part 1 of the Agreement.
- Sub-letting of either the whole or part of a Park Home is not permitted.
- Children may not climb trees or banks on the Park, must not be allowed to play around the Park Homes of other Occupiers unless invited to do so, nor must they be allowed to play on roads within the Park.
Rules for Occupiers
- All Occupiers must be 50 years of age or older
- Occupiers must
- Not carry on any trade or business at the Park Home or in the Park
- Not hold any political meeting or sale by auction at the Park Home or in the Park
- Not use the Park Home for any noisy, offensive, illegal or immoral purpose
- Not to do anything at the Park Home which may be or become a nuisance or annoyance, or cause loss, damage or injury to the Park Owner or the Occupiers of any neighbouring properties.
- Not to bring or keep any inflammable, explosive, dangerous or offensive substances or goods onto the Park Home or Park (except fuel in the fuel tank of any private motor vehicle).
- Not to sing or dance or play any musical instrument or equipment for making or reproducing sound or to act in such a manner so as to cause annoyance to Occupiers of any neighbouring property.
- External fires, including incinerators, non-electric or gas barbeques and chimineas are not permitted.
- Everyone using the Park must comply with the regulations of the site licence, fire safety regulations and any other statutory regulations applicable to the Park
- Pets must be kept under proper control. They must not cause noise or nuisance to other residents or be allowed to despoil the Park. Occupiers must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
- One dog per Park Home
- One domestic cat per Park Home
- Animal or pet housed in a cage, aquarium or similar remaining at all times within the Park Home.
- Satellite dishes must be erected discreetly and in a suitable position. No tents or awnings may be erected on the Park.
Rules Relating to Vehicles
- All vehicles must be driven carefully on the Park, not exceeding the displayed speed limit. Parking is not permitted on roads or grass verges. Occupiers and visitors authorised to bring vehicles onto the Park do so at their own risk.
- Vehicles must be parked in authorised parking spaces
- No commercial vehicles are allowed on the Park other than those belonging to tradespeople carrying out work for Occupiers. No commercial vehicles may be left on the Park overnight.
- Trailers, touring caravans, boats and motorhomes are not permitted to be kept on the Park.
- All vehicles must be taxed and insured as required by law and be in running order. Drivers must hold a current, valid driving licence and insurance.
- Disused or unroadworthy or untaxed vehicles must not be left on the Park and the Park Owner reserves the right to remove any abandoned vehicles
- No major repairs to vehicles (entailing immobilisation for more than 24 hours) are permitted on the Park Owner’s land. Motor oils and other fuels of that nature must not be discharged anywhere on the Park.