Temporary Event Notice (TEN)

Apply for a licence to hold a small scale or one-off event where there will be entertainment, alcohol for sale, or hot food or drink for sale.

Holding a small scale or one-off event with food, entertainment and/or alcohol for sale?

If you want to sell alcohol, have regulated entertainment or late night refreshment and don't hold a premises licence or club premises certificate, you can apply for a Temporary Event Notices (TEN). This gives you temporary permission to carry out these licensable activities.

Are there any conditions?

The following conditions apply:

  • Your event must involve no more than 499 people at any one time.
  • It must last no more than 168 hours with a minimum of 24 hours between your event and the start or finish of another TEN.
  • Premises are limited to a maximum total duration of the periods covered by temporary event notices of 21 days per calendar year or 15 TENs per Calendar year.
  • You must be 18 years or older to make an application for a TEN. If you do hold a personal licence you can give a maximum of 50 TENs per year, of which 10 can be late TENs.
  • A non-personal licence holder on the other hand can only give a maximum of 5 TENs per year, of which 2 can be late TENs.
  • There is a limitation to the maximum number of TENs per premises.

For the latest guidance, please see Gov.UK

How do I apply?

Please use the button below to apply:

Apply for a Temporary Event Notice

This form cannot be saved and may time out after 60 mins. Please ensure you have all the required information to hand before you start. You will need:

  • Dates
  • Address
  • Your payment information

For fees please see the Licensing Fees page.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you don't hear from us by the end of the target completion period.

Where can I find information about previous TENs?

Our TEN register allows you to browse, filter and download data in CSV format about previous TENs that we have approved. 

Our TEN register is currently being updated. Please check back later to access the TEN register.