If you wish to relocate you should be aware that housing is in short supply.

We strongly recommend that you do not give up your current accommodation before securing a suitable long term alternative.

If you are a Local Authority or Housing Association tenant in a different area, we would advise you to remain in your current accommodation until you could secure a mutual exchange via Homeswapper.

Secure tenancies are very difficult to come by. We would not usually advise you to give up a secure tenancy because they are so difficult to obtain.

If you have neighbour difficulties in a social housing property that are prompting you to leave you should contact your landlord directly. They will have a duty to listen to your concerns and help you to deal with the problem. If this is not successful please see the Neighbour Dispute section on this page.