Living with a mental illness or impairment

If you are living with a mental illness or impairment which is affecting your housing situation, please read the information below.

If you are suffering from a mental illness or impairment this can have a significant impact on your housing situation.

The Housing Advice Team work closely with the Mental Health Accommodation Officer to help identify the right support for people with a mental illness. We can help you to either access the right support to enable you to stay in your home, or work to find the right kind of alternative accommodation.

For some people supported accommodation could be a suitable option. Westward Housing are one provider of schemes like this. For more information, please see this website.

For more information on how to find private rented accommodation please visit our Housing Advice section.

If you feel you may be suffering from a mental illness or impairment please contact your GP who will be able to advise you further.

If you are homeless or at risk or at risk of homelessness you can contact a member of the Housing Advice Team using the form on this page. They will work with you to develop a Personal Housing Plan to help you resolve your housing difficulty and provide you with written advice tailored to your needs.

If you feel you need help urgently, you can call our Housing Advice Team on 01803 861234.