Health Care Waste Collections
South Hams District Council provides a clinical waste collection for High Grade waste.
High Grade Waste, which requires a clinical collection.
- infectious human or animal tissue.
- infectious blood or other bodily fluids.
- infectious swabs or dressings.
- any waste classed as infectious.
To arrange a collection of High Grade Waste, please use this form.
Low Grade Waste does not require a clinical collection. All Low Grade Waste can be disposed of in your household waste.
Please double-bag before putting in your grey bin.
- empty bedpans.
- incontinence pads.
- empty stoma bags.
- empty urine containers.
- non-infectious swabs or dressings.
- other waste classed as non-infectious.