Health Care Waste Collections
South Hams District Council provides a clinical waste collection for High Grade waste.
High grade waste includes:
- infectious human or animal tissue.
- infectious blood or other bodily fluids.
- infectious swabs or dressings.
- any waste classed as infectious.
To arrange a collection of High Grade Waste, please use the button below:
Low Grade Waste does not require a clinical collection. All low grade waste can be disposed of in your household waste.
Low grade waste includes:
- empty bedpans.
- incontinence pads.
- empty stoma bags.
- empty urine containers.
- non-infectious swabs or dressings.
- other waste classed as non-infectious.
Please double-bag before putting in your grey bin.