If you are starting a business which handles, stores, processes or sells food, you will need to register with us 28 days before trading.

This includes catering businesses run from home and mobile or temporary premises, such as stalls and vans.

If you are a childminder, the details you provide to Ofsted will be used to Register your food business. You will not have to register separately.