Can I set up a street café on the public highway, or the pavement?

If you wish to place an outside seating area on an adopted road, footpath or pavement, you would normally need to apply to Devon County Council for permission. However, this Council is now tasked with granting temporary COVID-19 Pavement Licences. Please use this application process below for pavement licences for use of the adopted highway.

Learn more and apply on our Temporary Pavement Licences page.