While wishing to support businesses, the Council also has a responsibility to ensure health, safety and wellbeing of all the community.
We have issued this guide for businesses who wish to open a new outdoor seating area, or use an existing area. It sets out what consents, licences and permits you will need to apply for, links to other detailed guidance or websites and tips for being a good neighbour.
We have also set out our approach to enforcement of these areas during this time as well as information on financial support.
Our Promise to Businesses
- We will do all we can to support you
- We will tell you if we receive a complaint about your business
- We will assess every application and complaint on a case by case basis
- We will listen to what you have to say
- We will be clear and explain to you what we need you to do