Electric Vehicle Charging
Since declaring our Climate Emergency, South Hams District Council has been committed to working with our partners to reduce carbon emissions across the District.
We are taking steps across the District to improve the network of Electric Vehicle (EV) charging points available to residents and visitors alike.
Where are EV Charging Points available?
- Ivybridge - Glanvilles Mill car park
- Two electric vehicle charging bays. Rapid Chargers operated by SWARCO.
- Dartmouth - Mayors Avenue car park.
- Two electric vehicle charging bays. 22 kW chargers operated by Scottish Power
- Download Scottish Power SP Recharge App for Android
- Download Scottish Power SP Recharge App for iOS.
EV charging Points to be installed in 2022/23
Through the DELETTI project we plan to install 22kW EV chargers with two outlets to serve two parking bays simultaneously across the following car parks. These EV points will be installed and operated by Scottish Power:
- Heaths Nursery car park, Totnes
- Victoria Street car park, Totnes
- Pavilions car park, Totnes
- Quay car park, Kingsbridge
- Fore Street car park, Kingsbridge
- Creek car park, Salcombe
- Park & Ride car park, Dartmouth
- Poundwell Meadow car park, Modbury
Through the Devon and Torbay Residential Chargepoint Scheme, we plan to install EV Chargers in the following car parks in 2023:
- Steamer Quay car park, Totnes
- North Street car park, Totnes
- Duncombe Park car park, Kingsbridge
- Lower Union Road car park, Kingsbridge