Town & Parish Clerks Contact Details
Here you will find information on Town and Parish Councils in South Hams and the responsibilities of the clerk of each council.
The South Hams contains fifty-nine town and parish councils and two parish meetings (Harford and Woodleigh). The parish meetings have no parish councillors, but there is an annual parish meeting for parishioners to raise issues.
Each of them employs a clerk to:
- carry out policy decisions made by the council;
- be the chief administration officer who is responsible for seeing that the business of the council runs smoothly and in accordance with the law and procedure rules;
- be responsible for managing the financial transactions of the council and keeping appropriate records;
- carry out all clerical and secretarial tasks for their council.
The fifty-nine town and parish councils are broken down into
- fifty-four parish councils and
- five town councils (Dartmouth, Ivybridge, Kingsbridge, Salcombe and Totnes)
- two parish meetings (Harford and Woodleigh)
To find the contact details for your Parish Clerk, please use the button below. You can search by name or email address if known, or select your parish from the drop-down list.
If you're not sure which Parish you live in, please use the Interactive Map.
Use the menu on the top left and select "map features." Tick the menu box marked "Parish with Contact Details," then zoom to your location to see the name of your parish.