Sport Clubs Relief

Community Amateur Sport Clubs (CASCs) can register with HM Revenue & Customs in order to benefit from a range of tax reliefs, including relief from Business Rates.

Does my club qualify?

Community Amateur Sport Clubs (CASCs) should benefit from the same relief that would be available to a charity. However, the property occupied by the CASC should be wholly or mainly used for the purposes of that club and of any other such registered clubs who share the premises.

It is designed to give relief to clubs that:

  • are open to the whole community
  • are organised on an amateur basis
  • have as their main purpose providing facilities for, and promoting participation in, one or more eligible sports

How do we register the club as CASC?

Further information and forms to register as a CASC are available on the HM Revenue & Customs website.

How do I apply?

Contact us with your registration number and the date you registered as a CASC and we will apply the relief to your bill.

Contact the Business Rates Team