Hackney Carriage Fares (2022)
The fares charged during motor hackney carriage (taxi) rides are set by the use of the meter.
The costs show the highest amount which can be charged for a journey within the South Hams District Council area.
Fares outside this area should be agreed with the driver before the start of the journey.
- Monday to Saturday for journeys started between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Sundays and Bank Holidays where the journey starts between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- All times when the journey starts between 8 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- When the journey starts between 7 p.m. on 24 December and 7 a.m. on 27 December.
- When the journey starts between 7 p.m. on 31 December and 7 a.m. on 2 January.
- For eight passenger seat cars where the customer has asked for this size of car. Each seat must have a three fixed point seat belt. These costs are for any time of the day.
|Distance and Time||Cost 1||Cost 2||Cost 3|
|For any distance up to 804.65 m (880 yards)||£3.40||£4.00||£4.00|
|For each following distance of 109.7 m (120 yards)||£0.20||£0.30||£0.30|
|Waiting time each minute||£0.20||£0.30||£0.30|
Note: The meter will show any waiting time in the total fare cost.
|For each piece of luggage (or other item) carried in the boot of the car||£0.40|
After one passenger, each additional passenger may be charged extra. Two children between the ages of 3 and 6 years will be charged as one passenger. A child under 3 years will not be charged.
For each animal carried (assistance/guide dogs - free)
If the car needs cleaning inside or out, due to a passenger's accidental spillage or mishap
If the booking involves the driver picking you up and this journey starts less than 2 miles from the nearest taxi rank they may charge you
If the booking involves the driver picking you up and this journey starts more than 2 miles from the nearest taxi rank they may charge you
When the AA fuel prices report shows that the current cost of fuel is £1.81 to £1.90 per litre, an extra 10 p will be added for the first 10 miles. An extra 10 p will be added for every subsequent 10 miles or part thereof.
When the AA fuel prices report shows that the current cost of fuel is £1.91 per litre or more, an extra 20 p will be added for the first 10 miles. An extra 20 p will be added for every subsequent 10 miles or part thereof.