You need a licence to keep or breed some animals.

Find out about licensing for activities involving animals like breeding, selling, boarding or training animals for exhibitions.
If you keep animals for exhibition to members of the public you may need a Zoo Licence
If you wish to keep an animal considered to be wild, dangerous or exotic, you will need to obtain a licence under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.
Any applications for a zoo licence in the South Hams will be displayed here. If no applications are shown this means we currently do not have any zoo licence applications.