Support with Addictions
Support for Addictions
Addictions can place a great deal of pressure on finances and mental health. If you'd like help to quit smoking, gambling, drinking or drugs, there are many organisations you can turn to.
- Contact Alcoholics Anonymous for support with a drinking problem, or call 0800 917 7650.
- If you are struggling with a drug addiction, you can Talk to Frank online or call 0300 1236600. They can talk you through all your options.
- Together Drug & Alcohol Services works with local clients wishing to recover and reintegrate, as well as supporting those affected by substance abuse.
- One Small Step provides advice & support for people who want to quit smoking, reduce their alcohol intake, lose weight, or increase their physical activity. You can also call them on 01392 908139.
- Gamcare offers support for anyone affected by gambling problems, whether you have an issue or whether you are supporting someone with a problem.
- BeGambleAware provide a free 24-7 national gambling helpline, as well as a short interactive quiz that can give an insight into how gambling might be affecting you or someone you care about.
- OK Rehab was founded by people who are living their lives 'in recovery'. They aim to offer addiction treatment options for all, no matter what the situation they may be facing right now. Treatments are available as both inpatient and outpatient.
- Rehab4Addiction was founded to help those affected by substance misuse and their loved ones. A range of services are available, plus signposting to the most effective treatments. Helpline advisors can help you find effective treatments for your addiction - call 0800 140 4690.
- Rehab Recovery provides addiction treatment, advice and support for people struggling with a wide range of addictions and their loved ones. They can direct you to the right treatment or service for you, including therapy and fellowship support. Call them on 0800 088 66 86.