Abuse, Neglect & Violence
Remember, if you or someone else is in immediate physical danger, call 999.
Support for People Experiencing Domestic Violence or Abuse
- Splitz Support Services is a registered charity delivering support services to adults and young people experiencing the trauma of domestic abuse and sexual violence. Splitz delivers services across south-west England.
- Devon and Cornwall Police have provided information and support for people suffering domestic violence, abuse or neglect. Help for Young People from Devon and Cornwall Police is also available.
- Citizen's Advice provide free family law advice, including children and domestic abuse law. This includes support for people who are representing themselves in court, who are not eligible for legal aid and cannot afford to instruct a solicitor. Call 01626 326 125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Positive Me aim to provide empowerment to those who grew up in a household with domestic abuse, people who have been abused and people who have been in abusive relationships. They also help people who are supporting friends, family and colleagues.
- Women's Aid are a grassroots federation working to provide life-saving services in England.
- The Mankind Initiative provides support and advice for male victims of domestic abuse.
- Galop support LGBT+ people who are suffering domestic abuse and those who have survived it.
- The Daisy Chain Project provides free legal advice to victims of domestic abuse. They are based in Sussex but provide the service across the UK. The project has its own legal team, consisting of experienced, qualified and full regulated barristers and solicitors providing free legal support to anyone who is experiencing or fleeing from domestic violence.
- The NSPCC can provide advice if you are worried about a child and don't know what to do, or if you want to report child abuse and/or neglect.
- Refuge for Pets is a charity which arranges fostering for pets of people fleeing domestic violence in Devon. This is a free service.
- Intercom Trust is a LGBT+ community resource covering the South West providing support with homophobic and transphobic prejudice, crime and discrimination.