Changes to polling stations in the South Hams ahead of local elections
13 April 2021
Several of the South Hams' local election polling stations are changing this year - see if your polling station has changed and consider whether you want to vote by post ahead of the elections on 6 May.
Preparations are being made in earnest ahead of the Police and Crime Commissioner elections and Devon County Council elections being held next month. Measures like those you've seen in shops and hospitality venues are being put in place to make sure that turning out to an election booth this year will be safe and secure, such as hand sanitiser, floor markings and a requirement to wear face masks indoors. You may also be asked to queue at a safe distance when you arrive to your polling station.
As part of preparations here in the South Hams, there have been changes to some polling stations. These are:
- Ermington - The polling station for voters will now be at The Hub, Ermington Store and More, on Church Street.
- Ivybridge - If you normally vote at Stowford School, your polling station will now be at Ivybridge Leisure Centre.
- Woodleigh - Voting will take place at St Mary's Church.
- Totnes - If you normally vote at King Edward VI Community College, your polling station will now be at the Civic Hall.
- Avonwick - Voting will take place at Avon Vale Tennis & Croquet Club.
The name of your polling station will be on your polling card, which have been sent out to residents across the district. If a change in venue makes voting more difficult for you, or you would rather not attend a polling station this year, it's still possible to arrange a vote by post. The deadline to apply for a postal vote is 5pm on Tuesday 20 April. You must also be registered to vote by midnight on Monday 19 April.
To apply for a postal vote, you need to download, print and fill in the postal application form from the Electoral Commission website.
Once completed, you should return the form to the South Hams District Council electoral team at the following address:
South Hams District Council,
Electoral Registration Officer,
You can also email a scanned postal vote application to SH-Postalvoting@swdevon.gov.uk
For further information on voting at the May local elections, visit the Electoral Commission website.