If you have received a reminder letter it is because your Council Tax payments have not been paid in accordance with the instalments detailed on your latest bill.

How can I pay?

Go to the Online Payments related page or contact the council to make payment of the amount on the reminder and bring your account up to date.

What if I have already paid?

If you have paid the full amount shown as being in arrears within the last five days, you can ignore the reminder. You must continue with the normal monthly instalments as shown on your latest bill or further recovery action will be taken against you.

What if I'm unable to pay?

It is very important you call us as soon as possible. You must not ignore this reminder.

What if I don't pay?

Failure to pay the amount on the reminder or to contact us to make a suitable arrangement to pay will result in further recovery action being taken against you

Remember, if you do not keep up with your payments you will lose the right to pay by instalments and the whole amount for the year will become due immediately.

Need debt advice?

If you have other debts besides Council Tax and are experiencing difficulties you may well benefit from impartial, independent advice.

This is available free of charge from the Citizens Advice Bureau. They are experts in this field and can offer assistance.

Alternatively, visit the National Debtline website for free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems