1. Please read this guidance and the Frequently Asked Questions.
2. Check whether the property is subject to the rural areas covenants. You can do this yourself, or ask you solicitor to do it for you, by making a search at the Land Registry. The Council is not able to supply this information.
3. If the property is subject to the rural area restriction, you need consent to sell it from:
4. You can apply to the Council for consent by
Examples of documents that you could use are:
5. Once we are satisfied that the criteria for the rural area covenant has been met, we will issue a Letter of Consent to transfer the property.
6. If you cannot meet the requirements, and we are not able to consent to the sale, we will inform you.