If you think your property is in the wrong band, you can appeal against it.

The Council Tax Band for your property is determined by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA), a branch of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

If you think your property has been banded incorrectly, you can contact the VOA to appeal. You will need to provide evidence as to why you think your property is incorrectly banded.

You can find more information about appealing your Council Tax band on the VOA website.

You must continue to pay the Council Tax bill you have been sent while waiting for a decision. If your appeal is successful and your band is reduced, you will be refunded any monies you have overpaid.