Information for those leaving the Armed Forces who do not have housing available can be found below.

If you are leaving the armed forces and you do not have accommodation available to you may wish to contact the Joint Service Housing Advice Office which has a number of resources about your housing options once you have left the forces including the Veterans Gateway.

In addition to this organisations such as SSAFA and the Royal British Legion may be able to help with advice and support around a number of issues that may be affecting as well with housing support. For local branches for the Royal British Legion click here click here. To contact the local SSAFA branch click here.

The local housing allocations scheme Devon Home Choice is required to give reasonable preference to people leaving the armed forces if they meet the relevant criteria. Please follow the link to register if you are interested in accessing social housing. Social housing in this area is limited therefore you may like to consider other options such as private rented accommodation. For more information on this please visit the Finding a Home section of our website.

If you are homeless or at risk or at risk of homelessness you can contact a member of the Housing Options Team. They will work with you to develop a Personal Housing Plan to help you resolve your housing difficulty and provide you with written advice tailored for your needs.