Why impose beach restrictions?
- Beaches are wonderful places to exercise dogs, but during popular times unruly or free running dogs can be a nuisance to other beach users
- There are many temptations for a dog on a busy beach
- You must ensure that your dog is under close control at all times.
Where are restrictions in place?
For the safety & enjoyment of all beach users, some beaches & beach areas are closed to dogs during the summer (May 1st-Sept 30th)
Restrictions apply to the following:
No Dogs permitted
- Salcombe - South Sands
- Hope Cove - Mouthwell Sands
- No Dogs permitted on part of the beach (Partial ban)
The following privately owned beaches also adopt a seasonal NO DOGS policy:
- Blackpool Sands (from 2 weeks before Easter until after the October half term)
Most other beaches welcome well-controlled dogs.
Remember; if your dog fouls a beach the mess must be picked up at all times and properly disposed of.