This list and its associated documents form the basis on which planning applications are deemed valid by South Hams District and West Devon Borough councils.
The level of information needs to be proportionate to the size and type of application. The local list only requires information that is necessary to the consideration of the application, in accordance with paragraph 193 of the NPPF and the guidance contained within the Planning Practice Guidance.
The information required to make a valid application consists of:
• the mandatory national information requirements specified in The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) (Amendment) Order 2015 and the National Information Requirements as set out in the Planning Practice Guidance Paragraph: 022 Reference ID: 14-022-20140306
• the information provided on the national standard application form
• the information specified by the local planning authority in their local validation list of information requirements.
The Local List sets out the information requirements for different types of applications within West Devon and South Hams. The Local List validation criteria include:
• When/why information is needed;
• What sort of information is required; and
• Where to get further guidance.
The Local Lists and their associated documents and information can be found using the links below:
Use the links below to the individual checklist pages