Planning Validation Checklists - 'Local List'
A Joint Planning Local Validation List has been produced which tells people submitting planning applications what supporting information will be needed, and gives advice on the scope and detail that is needed.
This list and its associated documents form the basis on which planning applications are deemed valid by South Hams District and West Devon Borough councils.
The level of information needs to be proportionate to the size and type of application. The local list only requires information that is necessary to the consideration of the application, in accordance with paragraph 193 of the NPPF and the guidance contained within the Planning Practice Guidance.
The information required to make a valid application consists of
- the mandatory national information requirements specified in The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) (Amendment) Order 2015 and the National Information Requirements. These are set out in the Planning Practice Guidance Paragraph: 022 Reference ID: 14-022-20140306
- the information provided on the national standard application form
- the information specified by the local planning authority in their local validation list of information requirements.
The Local List sets out the information requirements for different types of applications within West Devon and South Hams. The Local List validation criteria include:
- When/why information is needed;
- What sort of information is required; and
- Where to get further guidance.
The Local Lists and their associated documents and information can be found using the links below:
Use the links below to the individual checklist pages
- Full Planning application validation checklist
- Outline application validation checklist
- Reserved Matters validation checklist
- Householder application validation checklist
- Material Amendment (Section 73 - removal or variation of a condition) validation checklist
- Non Material Amendment (Section 96) validation checklist
- Listed Building Consent validation checklist
- Prior Notification - Prior Approval Applications validation checklist
- Lawful Development Certificates Existing and Proposed (Section 191 and 192) Applications
- Advertisement Consent validation checklists
Checklists for Applications for works to trees and hedgerows
- Hedgerow Removal Applications validation checklist
- Tree works (works to Trees in a Conservation Area or with a Tree Preservation Order)
Other Useful Links
- Guidance for Developers - Waste Collection and Street Cleansing
- Planning Application Guidance
- Additional Information to Validate your Application
- Planning Privacy Notices
- Planning Validation Checklist - Supporting Documents