If your business handles, stores, processes or sells food, you must register it with the council. This includes catering businesses run from home and mobile or temporary premises, such as stalls and vans.

The law requires food business operators to register their premises with the environmental health service at least 28 days before starting to operate.

If you are planning to start a food business you should complete the Registration Form.

This form should also be used if you are taking over an existing business.

Registration is free.

You can find more information on the Food Standards Agency Starting a food business page.