The majority of applications are determined by officers in accordance with the Council's Delegation Scheme.
For those applications that are presented to either the Licensing Committee or a Sub Committee, there is an opportunity for both the applicants and any representatives who have submitted letters of support and/or objection in advance of the meeting to take part during that meeting.
The procedure during Licensing meetings is as follows:-
- Chairman's introduction
- Licensing Officer presents his/her report
- Address by applicants and/or supporters (if any)
- Address by objector(s) (if any)
- Committee deliberations and opportunity to ask questions of applicants/
- Committee adjourn with Legal Officer to consider the application
- Committee reconvene and formally announce its decision.
- For more detailed information, please contact either Member Services or the Licensing Department