Councillors and Committees
How You Can Get Involved
If you would like to speak at or submit a question to the Council's Executive meetings, please follow this procedure
Any member of the public who wishes to raise a question at an Executive meeting should do the following:
- Submit the question in writing to the Member Services by 5:00 pm on the Monday prior to an Executive meeting. If advance notice of the question cannot be given, the Chairman of the meeting has the discretion to allow questions on matters which are felt to be urgent.
- Please make sure that you state that the Question you are submitting is for consideration by the Executive. You will receive a response confirming the date of the next Executive meeting and inviting you to attend. If you do not receive this response your question has not been properly received.
- Ensure that questions are no longer than 50 words in length.
- Ensure that the question does not relate to a specific planning matter.
- Ensure that the question relates to a matter over which the Council has some control and is suitable to be considered, ie, that it is not derogatory to the Council or relates to matters which the Council could consider to be confidential.