Cllr K J Baldry
Ward Councillor for Newton and Yealmpton
|Name||Cllr Keith Baldry|
14 Hillside Drive
|Political Party||Liberal Democrat|
|Ward||Newton and Yealmpton|
Newton and Noss,
Council Tax Setting Panel
|Outside Bodies||Devon Authorities|
Strategic Waste Committee
|Governing Boards/Panels||Discretionary (Major) Business Rate Decision Panel|
Waste Partnership Board
I am a former County Councillor and I am in my fourth term as a District Councillor. I am a joint member for the largest geographical ward. I have twice been a Liberal Democrat Parliamentary candidate. . I am a long time member of Yealmpton Parish Council and served three years as its Chair. I have been active in politics all my adult life.
My first degree was an MA from Dublin University and in 1996, I was awarded an M. Phil by Plymouth University.
I worked for the Post Office for over 30 years and retired as Head Postmaster (Plymouth and Cornwall) when I was 50. Previous appointments include Controller Mount Pleasant, London.
I am a former Chairman of the Devon Fire Authority.
Since retiring I have been able to spend time on community and political activities.
My interests are bell ringing and bridge and I am a season ticket holder at Plymouth Argyle and an Associate Member of MCC. Other memberships include: South West Coast Path Association; Community Council of Devon; CND; Republic; Association of Liberal Democrat Councillors.
I am married to Isabel and we have three adult children and seven grandchildren.
Declaration of Interests Summary:
Sponsorship: South Hams Liberal Democrats
Land/Licences: 14 Hillside Drive, Yealmpton PL8 2NT
Corporate Tenancies: None
Membership of Other Bodies:Yealmpton Parish Council; CND; Republic; SW Coastal Path Association; Amnesty International; Liberal Democrats
Other Matters: None
Training & Development from May 2019
May 2019 - Induction Training: (NB - Re-Elected Members are NOT required to attend the Induction programme)
- Setting the Scene & How the Council Works including Code of Conduct
- Governance - Introduction to the role of the Executive, O+S Panel, DM Committee, Licensing Committee, Audit Committee and Salcombe Harbour Board,
- The Locality Service
- Environment Service Briefing
- Housing & Homelessness
- Various IT Training
August 2019 to March 2020
- Energy From Waste (Site Visit, Devonport)
- Climate Change Workshop
- Community Infrastructure Levy Training
- Budget Workshop
- Webcasting Training
- Treasury Management Training
- Health and Wellbeing Session
April to December 2020
- Recovery Planning Workshop - Residents and Community & Partnerships Themes
- Recovery Planning Workshop - Recovery & Redesign Theme
- Recovery Planning Workshop - Governance & Communication Themes
- Budget Workshop
- Waste & Recycling Briefing
- Planning White Paper
- Housing Strategy Workshop
- Covid-19 Briefings