Housing Help With Repairs
If you are a homeowner, landlord or own an empty property, we may be able to help you with the cost of repairs to your property.
Low cost loans are available through Lendology CIC to enable you to:
- Undertake essential home repairs such as
- installing or upgrading heating systems,
- roof and structural repairs,
- replacing old and inefficient windows and doors,
- electrical and plumbing repairs or
- any other issues that are essential to keeping you warm, safe and dry in your home.
- Repair/refurbish empty properties to enable you to sell or rent the property.
How is the loan provided?
We work in partnership with Lendology CIC to give financial help in the form of subsidised loans to homeowners and landlords.
Loans are assessed based on individual needs and means and there are many options depending on your own financial circumstances. Please speak to Lendology CIC directly for more detailed advice.
Lendology CIC is a 'not for profit' organisation working in partnership with 20 councils across the South West to provide loan schemes.
They assess applicants' financial circumstances and the amount and type of loan available depends on this assessment. The adviser will arrange a no-obligation home visit to tell you more about the partnership and complete a thorough financial assessment.
How do I get further information or apply?
You can contact Lendology directly on 01823 461099, or use their contact form.
What happens next?
An adviser from Lendology CIC will arrange to meet you and if your situation and the works are eligible, they will ask for approval from the Council. If the application is approved then you will be able to organise the works/repairs.
You are free to choose your own contractor. The money will be released when the invoices are submitted.