Sherford New Community
When completed, the new community of Sherford will provide 5,500 new homes on the outskirts of Plymouth. It's planned to be a sustainable, mixed-use settlement.
New Community of Sherford
The first phase of the Sherford community was granted planning consent in August 2015 and construction of the town began in 2016.
The first homes have been completed, and the first of three planned primary schools is open. Work is continuing on important features like streets and cycleways, playing fields, civic spaces and local environmental considerations. The first part of the country park is also open, which will eventually cover 500 acres.
The Sherford development area straddles two local authority boundaries - Plymouth City Council and South Hams District Council, with the additional involvement of Devon County Council.
The Sherford Consortium is a partnership made up of three developers - Taylor Wimpey, Bovis Homes and Linden Homes.
The importance of Sherford to our area
- Meets need for housing
- Creates jobs
- Key component of planned development strategy
- Good example of public and private sectors delivering complex proposals
Key Development Facts
- 5,500 homes, plus a further 1,500 post 2026
- 84,000sqm of commercial and employment space
- 15,000 projected residents,
- 5000 jobs
- £1bn total development costs
- 300-400 construction jobs over life of development including Skills Training Community facilities and infrastructure.
Find out more
If you like to find out more about Sherford please visit the Sherford website.
For any queries about construction please email: email@example.com