Toggle menu

Who to contact if you have a concern about a child

What should I do if I am worried about a child?

If you are concerned about a child or young person in Devon and want to speak to someone, you can contact the Devon Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0345 155 1071. 

You can also use the online form at Devon Children and Families Partnership.

If a child is at immediate risk from harm contact Devon and Cornwall Police on 999. 

Protecting children

All children have the right to live their lives to the fullest potential, to be protected, to have the opportunity to participate in and enjoy any activity and to be treated with dignity and respect.

For more information about protecting children in Devon, please visit: Report a Child Safeguarding Concern in Devon.


If you are a professional and want to make an enquiry to children's social care, you need to complete the Devon MASH multi-agency Enquiry Form.

If your enquiry is to discuss an allegation made against an adult working with children, you should contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO).

About the MASH

The MASH is the central resource for the whole of Devon based at Devon County Council. They receive all safeguarding and child protection enquiries. It is staffed with professionals from a range of agencies including police, probation, fire, ambulance, health, education and social care.

These professionals share information to ensure early identification of potential significant harm, and trigger interventions to prevent further harm.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email