You can find out what we will take, what we charge and how to arrange a collection on this page.
Remember that recycling centres or charities such as ReFURNISH may take furniture and white goods for free, if they are working and in good condition.
You can also take these items to your local household recycling centre for free.
What items can be collected?
- The collection covers bulky items that form part of the contents of a residential property.
- It does not include construction or renovation waste
- It does not include collections from commercial properties, nor does it include collections of commercial waste, such as commercial sized fridges and/or freezers from domestic properties.
- It does not include bulk food collections from private functions
- Any item for collection must be manageable by one person using a sack truck.
How are bulky waste items collected?
Items for collection need to be outside from 7 a.m. on the day of collection, in an accessible place, free of steps and obstructions.
Our operatives are not permitted to enter communal premises and households, or to take any payments.
When are bulky waste items collected?
Bulky waste items are collected on a Wednesday from 7 a.m.
Your collection must be requested no later than 5 p.m. on the Monday before.
How much does it cost?
The cost of a single item is £18, all additional items are £18 each. For example:
- A bedframe and headboard would be classed as 1 item.
- A bed and mattress would be classed as 2 items.
- A 3-piece suite would be classed as 3 items.
- Individual white goods (fridge, freezers, washing machines and so on) are classed as 1 item.