Resident Concessionary Permit
This permit is available at a concessionary rate for residents of the South Hams District only.
The Residents Concessionary permit has been designed to help enable local residents find parking during the busier times outside of working hours for such tasks as school pick-ups.
What is a Resident Concessionary permit?
- A resident parking permit allows the holder to park in South Hams District Council car parks between the hours of 3:00pm and 10:00am every day.
- Permits are issued to one vehicle registration and are valid for 12 months.
- The cost for a permit is £48 per year (inc. VAT).
- Residents parking permits are virtual, and you will not receive a paper permit to display in your vehicle.
- This permit does not allow parking in reserved bays, South Embankment, Dartmouth Park and Ride and Dittisham - The Ham and The Level car parks.
Apply for a resident parking permit
If you would like to buy a Resident Parking Permit, please use the button below:
Please note - we do request proof of residency to ensure you are a resident of the South Hams area. This could be a utility or council tax bill. We also require this information when you renew your permit to confirm you are still residing within the district. If you have uploaded your proof and an error occurs at the payment stage, please re-do the application and click will post. You can send all documents to email@example.com.
Where can I park?
You can park in the following car parks:
|TOWN||VALID CAR PARKS|
Victoria Street (not valid in reserved bays)
Pavilions (not valid in reserved bays)
Mayors Avenue (not valid in reserved bays)
Dartmouth Leisure Centre
Torcross Village Layby
Lower Union Road
|Bigbury||Bigbury Upon Sea|
Creek (not valid in reserved bays)
Shadycombe (not valid in reserved bays)
Inner Hope Layby