Toggle menu

Temporary Event Notice (TEN)

Holding a small scale or one-off event with food, entertainment and/or alcohol for sale?

If you want to sell alcohol, have regulated entertainment or late night refreshment and don't hold a premises licence or club premises certificate, you can apply for a Temporary Event Notices (TEN). This gives you temporary permission to carry out these licensable activities.

Are there any conditions?

The following conditions apply:

  • Your event must involve no more than 499 people at any one time 
  • It must last no more than 168 hours with a minimum of 24 hours between your event and the start or finish of another TEN.
  • Premises are limited to a maximum total duration of the periods covered by temporary event notices of 21 days per calendar year or 15 TENs per Calendar year.
  • You must be 18 years or older to make an application for a TEN. If you do hold a personal licence you can give a maximum of 50 TENs per year of which 10 can be late TENs.
  • A non-personal licence holder on the other hand can only give a maximum of 5 TENs per year, of which 2 can be late TENs.
  • There is a limitation to the maximum number of TENs per premises.

For the latest guidance, please see Gov.UK

How do I apply?

  1. To apply, please download and complete the application form. You will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7 or above - you can get this for free here.
  2. Right-click the application form below and choose "save link as." Save the form to your device or computer before completing it.
  3.   Temporary Event Notice Application Form (PDF) [420KB] (opens new window)

Once you have completed the form, please use the button below to make your payment and send us the form.

Pay and submit form

If you submit a paper notice you must also send a copy of your notice to the Police. The notice must be received by them no later than ten working days before the event period (please note that ten working days starts on the day after receipt of the notice and does not include the day of the event).

Police details:

Licensing Department
Devon & Cornwall Constabulary
Launceston Police Station
Moorland Road
PL15 7HY

01392 452225

How much does it cost?

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you don't hear from us by the end of the target completion period.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email