What is affordable housing?
Low cost housing intended for people in housing need who can't afford to rent or buy on the open market.
- Affordable Rent
- Affordable Home Ownership
- Social Rented sector
- Discount Market Sale
What does 'affordable' mean?
- Housing of any type that is considered to be affordable to local people on local incomes
- We monitor income levels, house prices & rents in the area so that we can work out how many households can afford housing at different prices.
I want to find an affordable home
About Devon Home choice
Housing Association homes available to rent, and shared ownership homes, are advertised through Devon Home Choice.
Under Devon Home Choice you can:
- Choose which homes interest you
- Move within Devon
About Help to Buy
- HomeBuy Agents are registered providers appointed by the Government
- They provide a 'one stop shop' to low cost home ownership products
- The local HomeBuy Agent is
- The HomeBuy agent markets most of the properties available under the different schemes, but there may be some exceptions.
- Check to see if you are eligible through Help to Buy South West - Do I qualify?.
Where is the affordable housing in the area?
- It is located all over the area, but is mainly concentrated in the towns.
- We measure housing need and affordability, and decide what type of affordable housing, needs to be provided, as well as in which areas.
If you wish to contact us to discuss further, or you have any questions, please email us on the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org