The Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
In accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018, we regularly monitor the accessibility standards of our website. To do this, we use a tool called Silktide which monitors and tests the website, and sends reports to us.
You can find out more about Silktide on their website.
How Accessible is the Website?
According to our latest report (28 May 2023), South Hams District Councils' website is 99% compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
The non compliances and exemptions are listed in full in this guide, along with details of how we plan to address these issues.
To assist with accessibility, our website also features a toolbar which is available to all users. This function is provided by ReciteMe.
This feature allows users to:
- Change the font size, colour and contrast of any of our pages
- Download and read webpages
- Change the language of the website to over 120 different languages
- Mask areas of the site to enable ease of reading
If you need assistance with the toolbar, please email accessibility.
Who should I contact if I need information in an alternative format?
Please email accessibility and we will assist with your request.